HIV and Hep C
May 26, 2012
I was splashed with the blood of a person who has HIV and Hep C. The blood covered my finger from the tip down to the top joint on my finger. I checked very carefully and found no cuts of any kind on that finger or around the finger nail. Is it possible the infected blood could get in through the sides of my finger nail somehow?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi It is not possible. It would have to be an obvious open cut or wound and it would have to be fresh, not even a few hours old it would have had to occur about the time the blood splash occurred.
You are fine, Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.