Hand Holding at Meetings
May 26, 2012
Can HIV be transmitted from hand holding if you have a small cut on your own hand, but aren't able to view their hands? I have recently become paranoid of hand shaking, or holding hands with people at addiction recovery meetings. I am ashamed of this, but want to know if I am over reacting, or how possible it is?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV transmission cannot occur during casual contact. You are overreacting, take a breath relax and shake someones hand without reservation!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.