May 26, 2012
I had Oral sex with a guy I haven't known him for very long. after that, I got very sick: pharyngitis,stomachache and have loose bowels...So I got a blood test 33 days later that sex happened and I got a negtive rest. but the symptom of illness seems more serious resently. Should I do another test?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. That being said and with your question regarding testing, the guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.