IN SOUTH AFRICA ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE-pls read

Hi doctors/experts. My question is about blood donation. Before we donate they test our iron levels, I'm so afraid because I think the guy doing the testing pricked himself with the lancet before pricking me. His hand kept slipping and jerking before he pricked me and I couldn't see much of what was happening cos it all happened so fast. I called the bloodbank hotline and they told me they use the lancets that work on an air seal so once the air seal breaks the needle shoots out and pricks but does not retract afterwards, therefore it can be reused right? This has just confused me even more but I want to know just how great my risk is if he got pricked before pricking me? Also he didn't use gloves nor did he clean the site with alcohol first.

Hi HIV transmission occurring this way carries a very small risk of transmission. Theoretically it is possible but again very unlikely. To be sure getting tested for HIV is your best bet. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Could this be a symptom
Is their an risk ?