OTC Oraquick

I just read the article about the new over the counter Oraquick test and on Bloomberg it's saying that for every 13 true positives, one will be false negative.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-11/orasure-hiv-test-has-risks-of-false-results-fda-says?category=

Do you know if this is the same test that is being used in clinics and testing sites or did they adjust this test in some way to make it different? That seems really unacceptable to have such a high percentage of false negatives on something like this. What is your professional take on this? The last time I took an HIV test, my doctor said that rapid tests are not as good as lab tests, and that the only real test to trust is a lab test.

Hi The new home test is just as accurate at the testing you would have done in a clinic setting. The false positive or false negative can happen in either instance. This is why the guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Worried sick - In NC
Please help me I can't stop thinking about this