Sharing ear sticks

Can I get HIV by sharing earstick with a HIV negative if I have an open wound on my piercing? If the person I'm sharing with is HIV positive. Will I still be infected ?

Hi Theoretically it is possible for HIV transmission to occur this way. There would have to be blood on the earring and it would have to occur as the person took the earring out and then gave it to you to place in your ear. You would have to have an opening into your body for HIV transmission to occur. Having a piercing after it heals does not have a way for HIV to enter in to the body. HIV also dies once it is outside of the body. If you clean the earring before you place it in your ear, with alcohol or bleach then you are fine.

HIV interaction
performed protected oral on a TS escort...scared to death