"window period for HIV testing" 7 after unprotected sex

I had unprotecting sex about 7 months ago. I am not sure if this person has been infected with any STDs? I gave blood and had a 10 point test done. My main concern was HIV since I had no other symptoms that would indicate that i had an STD. All my test were negative. Should I be worried about the "window period" or is 7mo. good for an HIV test???? I have not been sexually active since.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

We would recommend getting tested for HIV at 3 months. There's an extremely small chance of taking longer than that. Six months is the longest it could take (again, only on that extremely small unlikely off-chance). So a 7 month test is well beyond both of these!

We also recommend that all sexually active people get tested regularly for STDs. Since you weren't tested for STDs after your unprotected sex, you really need to! This is because many STDs can develop without symptoms so the only way to know about them is to get tested.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"Is sleeping all day a sign of HIV?"
"Menstruation and HIV"