Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

"Help my sister and myself! Syphilis concern.... Real worried"
May 22, 2012

Hi A few months back I noticed on my sisters feet crusty blisters, it was not a blister with a bubble it was skin that was like peeling in one circle with a small hole in the middle of it kinda like an opening, she had 3 small one and one larger one , they weren't too big they were small and she had one on other foot but not in the sole of her foot but on the side of her foot. Nothing was on her hands. The we're there after I noticed it for about a week and a little, she is 4 years old andi always hug kiss and play with her now.. This is why I think she has syphilis.

I would masturbate with in clean hands months ago, I was a fool back then and didn't know what I was doing and would do it after school or shops or wherever then masturbate without washing, if I had the bacteruim on my hands then masturbate I could have gotten it because it can live up to days without dying .. If I played with her while having syphilis without symptons I could have givin it to her somehow.. I'm so worried this was a while back and I recently saw an image of the second stage and it looked exactly like it just a little bit less.. If it's not syphilis then what could have been those sores on the soles of her feet?

I have another question, I was washing myself and i found a lump on the side of my vagina lip right next to where the underwear strap lays, it's round and big and red,brownish,purplish, it's doesnt pop and I noticed it a few days bak, it doesn't look like a pimple because it doesn't pop, i checked now and it going down in size, what If it was there a while ago and I didnt see it? Could it been first stage syphilis? Again I have never had sex just uncleanly masturbated. Please help. I can't take my sister to the doctor and explain because 1. It's gone,...

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I have to admit, I'm a little confused how Syphilis is a part of this story. The conversation starts off talking about whether your sister could get it from you, but is this because you think you have it?? Syphilis needs to come from someone who got it from someone else.

Syphilis isn't an easy virus to give. A person is only contagious for a certain period of time during their infection. Typically, it'd be spread during the kind of aggressive skin-to-skin contact that happens during sex, not casual contact.

Also, is the "lump" on the side of your vagina lip something that appeared recently? If it's something new that you're not used to then by all means please talk to a doctor about it so that a professional can give you an answer one way or another. If it was small before but you've been touching/poking/pinching it.. then there's no surprise if it got irritated.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
How do you get "Hepatitis"
Next
Vaginal fluids on penis then oral sex "please answer me, many thanks"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.