How do you get "Hepatitis"
May 22, 2012
How can a person get different types of hepatitis?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
There are three types of viral hepatitis to be concerned about (technically four.. but more on that later). Also, there's alcoholic hepatitis that comes from excessive drinking.
The quick overview:
- Hep A is through fecal matter somehow getting in your body through your mouth (for instance, when someone goes to the bathroom doesn't wash their hands and cooks for other.. another way is through rimming)
- Hep B is through the same fluids as HIV (blood and semen), but it easier to get/give (this can happen during unprotected sex or blood-to-blood contact like sharing needles)
- Hep C is only through blood-to-blood contact (like sharing needles or environmental exposure to blood)
- Hep D can only be caught if you already have Hep B
There's a lot more information all through our website! Feel free to search through.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- Will I Have Hpv For The Rest Of My Life?
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- When Does Herpes Appear On Lips?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.