"Is anything safe" Massage on scratched leg

Had a simple foot massage at a spa in China - just rolled up my trousers to my knees and had her massage my tierd legs from knee to toes. She insisted on a body massage in my room which I firmly declined.

Post massage went back to room and to my horror discovered that I had BADLY scratched my shin area (due to itchiness near the sock line) and this area was red due to my constant scratching. This was the area which had been massaged and I hadn't even bothered to check her hands for any cuts.

No where is there a clear answer to risks to a wound form a massage. I am worried silly and can't sleep now. Is anything safe anymore.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There was absolutely no risk from the situation you're describing. Your irritated skin isn't a "way to get in your body" unless you scratched so much that you literally broke the skin. Even if this were the case, her hand would need to be bleeding. This is unlikely because of the discomfort she would've experienced if she did have cuts. It's incredibly unlikely that there were cuts severe enough to be bleeding in large quantities.

Sounds like this is a situation where your anxiety is really getting the best of you.. If this is something that you find yourself worrying about often, please consider talking to someone who can help you work out your emotions over this.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"Are my results conclusive or not? Doctors please help me!"
"PLEASE answer I asked a few times" HIV from person with a band-aid