79 days rapid test NEGATIVE

Hi dr.

I have possible HIV exposure on 19 February, having unprotected anal sex with someone of unknown health status. I'm stupid and careless I know. I got Gonorrhea from this single exposure, that's make me scared. Probably my sexual partner have been engaged in unprotected sexual intercourse before. In this 3 months I'm getting ARS like symptoms.. fever,headache,swollen lymph glands, rash, etc. I got tested for HIV in the 4th week after possible exposure and it came negative. the same is happen with my 11th week (79 days) after exposure rapid test in Government Hospital in Indonesia and it came negative.. (honestly I'm shocked, I thought I was positive) I know that HIV test is conclusive after 3 months.. I'm just asking is there any chance my test results will change in a week? Have u heard that the result change in one or two week? Even with any earlier generation of HIV testing, can it detect HIV antibody in 75 days?

I'm not sure what generation are my lab using but they use 3 months as the guideline. I'm planning to get tested again two weeks from now to get more conclusive result. And how long is 3 months is it 84 days (12weeksx7days) or 90 (3monthsx30days)? The 11th week negative result makes me less anxious and the symptoms are gone.. is this because my less-anxiety or I'm on the dormant stage of HIV infection and will be tested positive after this?

Based on my 11th+ week test result and the three month guide line. Do I need further testing on day 90 or just move on?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

I would feel confident in the results of the 79 day test. Most people will show positive by 25 days.

In health,

Richard

Splash into eyes
hi, mr cordova