"I believe I have HIV"

3 months ago I had protected sex with a high risk partner. It was strictly vaginal and only lasted a couple minutes(does length of exposure matter?) After finishing I used a damp towel to clean up. I am unsure if this towel was used by her or not.

Less then two weeks after a I got a cold that lasted around 4 weeks. No sore throat or fever. After about a 3 week period of not being sick I contracted another cold that did not last as long, but this time got a canker sore in my mouth.

Now as of yesterday I have a sore throat and what I think is a canker sore on the back of my throat along with some red dots on my hard(?) palete. The last two days I have been experiencing hot and colt chills.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Since you had protected sex with your partner it doesn't matter how "high risk" they were. Condoms are very good at what they do as long as they don't break.

As for the damp towel that you used.. even if she had just wiped her vagina then you wiped the head of you penis, that's worlds away from your naked penis inside her surrounded by vagina fluids for an extended period of time. Therefore no real risk from that.

It sounds like the things you've been feeling physically might be connected to the stress you've been feeling.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"What If" using condoms to protect against HIV infection
"Cat scratch with blood"