"Infection from Dirty Toilet"

This may sound really ridiculous, but I am a bit of a hypochondriac so please bear with me. I was using the bathroom at my work building to defecate and I do always make sure to flush before using any public toilet. However, I noticed that after I had finished, there were what appeared to be small specks of feces stuck to the interior of the toilet.

I am worried because while I was relieving myself, I got some splash-back onto my anus and I have an almost permanent anal fissure. I am concerned not only about potential HIV infection, but any other kind of disease infection as well that may result from the splash onto my anal fissure. Who knows to whom those speckles of feces belong to. Am I being over the top with this concern?

Please let me know, thank you!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You did not get HIV from this situation. As we say on the forum, HIV is not an easy virus to get. HIV+ body fluid needs to leave someone's body and go directly/immediately into your body. Your situation satisfies NONE of that that equation.

It's great that you recognize your hypochondria. When you're triggered by something I'm sure that's difficult. If you're not already working with a professional to address this, I would definitely recommend it. Getting your questions answered in a forum like this can provide short-term relief.. but therapy and the skills that come along with it will give you relief for the long-term!

Hope this helps,

Erik

One Time Thing; Help?
"really really really worried"