One Time Thing; Help?

About 2.5 months ago I had a one time thing with a guy. All we did was make out, sucked each other (he came in my mouth and I swallowed), and he dry humped my penis with his hole (slight penetration). I asked him if he was clean and he said yes. I've been worrying like hell the past week. I don't know why I've started to worry NOW, but I am. I'm stressed and worried. I haven't had any symptoms. Should I get tested? If so, when? I know this is a frequent question, but I just want some advice. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be too concerned. The only part of this situation that offered any real risk was when you penetrated your partner unprotected. Since it was a very brief, one-time occurrence, the likelihood of infection is minimal. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular.

While I understand what you mean when you say "I asked if he was clean" - what you were really wondering was "do you have HIV or any other STD's". Asking someone if they are "clean" is not only unclear, but it spreads the stigma associated with HIV that someone who is positive is unclean or dirty.

As someone living with HIV, the only time I consider myself unclean is when I haven't taken a shower.

In health and tolerance,

Richard

"If I have REAL HIV symptoms, will I test Positive? PLEASE HELP!"
"Infection from Dirty Toilet"