Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One Time Thing; Help?
May 19, 2012

About 2.5 months ago I had a one time thing with a guy. All we did was make out, sucked each other (he came in my mouth and I swallowed), and he dry humped my penis with his hole (slight penetration). I asked him if he was clean and he said yes. I've been worrying like hell the past week. I don't know why I've started to worry NOW, but I am. I'm stressed and worried. I haven't had any symptoms. Should I get tested? If so, when? I know this is a frequent question, but I just want some advice. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be too concerned. The only part of this situation that offered any real risk was when you penetrated your partner unprotected. Since it was a very brief, one-time occurrence, the likelihood of infection is minimal. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular.

While I understand what you mean when you say "I asked if he was clean" - what you were really wondering was "do you have HIV or any other STD's". Asking someone if they are "clean" is not only unclear, but it spreads the stigma associated with HIV that someone who is positive is unclean or dirty.

As someone living with HIV, the only time I consider myself unclean is when I haven't taken a shower.

In health and tolerance,

Richard

Previous
"If I have REAL HIV symptoms, will I test Positive? PLEASE HELP!"
Next
"Infection from Dirty Toilet"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.