"If I have REAL HIV symptoms, will I test Positive? PLEASE HELP!"

I had a one time anal exposure (dumb, I know) in late december. In late March, I had a sore throat, and got these red bumps on my chest and lower back (about 3-4 in each place). My mother got a sore throat a few days after I did, so I'm kind of confused. These red bumps stopped itching after a long time, but the place where the bumps were is a brownish color, maybe due to the scratching.

In April, I got a blood test saying that I was negative. This was 4 months after my exposure (16 weeks)

I'm really confused and worried! My questions are

1. Are my results conclusive? 2. If those were real symptoms, would I have tested back positive? 3. Do I need to get tested again?

Please answer this question! I'm desperate.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You did not get HIV from your one time anal exposure. Your four month HIV test tells us that.

Symptoms at best will give us clues that there's some sort of infection going on. The issue though is what kind of infection. "Real HIV symptoms" as you call them don't really exist. If someone were to feel something after being infected usually those are the same things you would feel for tons of other diseases. So at the end of the day, the only way to know for sure is to firstassess if you had any risk and if you did secondly get tested at the three months. You did all of that and the answer was that you did not get HIV from that sex.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"Do I have HIV?"
One Time Thing; Help?