Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rash, ks blotch? Ars
May 19, 2012

17 day after unprotected sex: tiny rash an inch above wrist. Ulcer under tongue, and I swear what looks like a ks spot on hand. It was a small res dot this morning and has since spread to a larger purplish/red blotch. It is not raised. I have been super anxiety ridden and stressed about possible HIV exposure. I am hoping my anxiety is causing my symptoms but I can't explain away the ks spot and rash. I have had no fever or swollen. Odes. Shouldn't this be a good sign??? Thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Unprotected penetrative sex is certainly a risk. However, none of your symptoms have me concerned about HIV. It is not possible to have KS lesions 17 days after infection. Kaposi's Sarcoma only happens in the very late-stages of HIV infection. I would suggest an HIV test at 90 days to confirm that transmission did not happen.

In the future, be sure to use a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's.

In health,

Richard

Previous
do I need testing for this event
Next
"WORRIED ABOUT MY 7 YEAR OLD SON- HIV FROM HAIRCUT.????"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.