Rash, ks blotch? Ars

17 day after unprotected sex: tiny rash an inch above wrist. Ulcer under tongue, and I swear what looks like a ks spot on hand. It was a small res dot this morning and has since spread to a larger purplish/red blotch. It is not raised. I have been super anxiety ridden and stressed about possible HIV exposure. I am hoping my anxiety is causing my symptoms but I can't explain away the ks spot and rash. I have had no fever or swollen. Odes. Shouldn't this be a good sign??? Thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Unprotected penetrative sex is certainly a risk. However, none of your symptoms have me concerned about HIV. It is not possible to have KS lesions 17 days after infection. Kaposi's Sarcoma only happens in the very late-stages of HIV infection. I would suggest an HIV test at 90 days to confirm that transmission did not happen.

In the future, be sure to use a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's.

In health,

Richard

do I need testing for this event
"WORRIED ABOUT MY 7 YEAR OLD SON- HIV FROM HAIRCUT.????"