Blood in Eye

I was assisting in surgery when I get a single drop of blood in my eye. I normally always wear a face shield. I was concerned, but not that concerned after the incident. About 5 days later my lips started to swell and my mouth became dry. I attributed it to scromboid toxicity from some funky fish I ate the night before. Since then my anxiety level has been tremendous. I had a instant hep c and hiv test at 13 days and they were negative.

I believe i had angular chelitis, and now i've noticed very faint white spots along my inner lips along the corners. I also developed a canker sore the size of a flea for about 8 hours, and a mucocele along my lip for 4 hours.

I've become extremely anxious and aware of every little change to my body. Its hard for me to focus. I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac, but i felt i overcame it years ago. My neck is a little bit stiff, i feel hot occasionally. No swollen nodes, and no fever, sweats, chills. Its been 29 days post exposure. My anxiety is driving me mad.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you are post 25 days, you could go in for an HIV test. If that test comes back negative, you could test at the 90 day mark for a conclusive result. I would expect that test to come back negative as well.

It does sound like you are talking in circles. Have you ever had the chance to talk with a therapist or counselor about your anxiety? Talk therapy can be very helpful in situations like this.

In the future, incidences like this should be immediately reported to your supervisor. Your workplace has standard operating procedures in place for situations like this. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Could my cold virus symptoms be due to Acute Retroviral Syndrome?
bar fight and attack