May 18, 2012
How long do I need to wait to take an HIV test? I have been told everything from 3 Weeks to 3 months. How do I cope with the worry about waiting for 3 months?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Three months is considered conclusive. However, most people will show up positive by the 25th day. You could go in for an initial test at the 25 day mark. If that test is negative, you could go in got a test at 90 days. With a negative result at 25 days, I would remain confident that your 90 day test will be negative as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.