Is it possible my husband hiv V+ and wife hiv V-?

Hi Doc, I'm confused. On Wednesday my husband & I we went for hiv test and the results were as follows; Negative for me and my husband positive. I'm 4 months pregnancy and we have been married for 18 months now. Is it possible to be hiv negative after having unprotected sex with my husband who hiv positive? The testing kit used was ELISA. Thank you Baby Brndh

Hi Yes it is entirely possible! Just like getting pregnant it doesn't always happen the first time. Now knowing your husband's status, ensure that he is in care and on treatment. We know that those of us that are HIV positive and on medication and have an undetectable viral load the chances of HIV transmission decreases to less than 4%.

Be well and stay safe and good luck with the pregnancy! Shannon

Acute Hiv that has gone chronic
Question About HIV