Acute Hiv that has gone chronic

1.)Can low grade fever in acute hiv last for almost 3 months?

2.)Are the symptoms of acute hiv come all at once or can they appear one after the other like 1st hoarseness of voice for weeks followed by a small cluster of rash on the right side of the back for 3 days followed fever and fatigue for almost 3 months then allergic reaction (hives) appeared followed by peripheral neuropathy inlvolving the feet legs calves sole hands palms arms back neck back of head face and tingling of lips and persistent severe dry mouth until now? palpable lymphnodes in the neck has been present throughout.It has been 9 months post exposure.

3.)Could all these be possibly HIV? Would you suspect for hiv infection after a very high risk exposure?

4.) Can peripheral neuropathy appear this early in the infection and this severe involving many parts of the body especially the feet and hands with severe burning and tingling?

5.) Can chronic persistent dry mouth manifest at this early and is common?

Please answer my questions. I really am so anxious now and have lost hope.My life has been ruined already.

Hi, 1. Yes, but it is doesn't necessarily mean HIV it can be from other reasons. 2. Everyone experiences side effects differently. 3. Yes but again not necessarily meaning HIV. 4. Again, everyone experiences different side effects not only different ones but the extreme. 5. See #1 and #5.

Having HIV does not ruin your life, not finding out your status and getting it taken care of is what ruins your life.

Not knowing what your exposure was and your extreme fear and yes the symptoms I would highly encourage you to be tested. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks from the exposure and then again at 3 months. If both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Weight Loss
Is it possible my husband hiv V+ and wife hiv V-?