Lesbian Sex

I am a women that is HIV-negative and very much in love with a women that is HIV-positive. I want love having oral sex with my partner, now knowing that she is HIV-positive can I continue to have oral sex?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. However, cunnilingus can put you at risk for other STDs such as herpes, gonorrhea, or syphilis. To lessen your risk even further I would encourage you to talk with your partner about medications and her viral load. If it is undetectable and she has been tested for these STDs and isn't infected, you should be good to go downtown on her. To be 100% safe, consider using dental dams, although some say these are an "acquired" taste. Take care, LHW

Could it be possible I was infected almost three years ago from a kiss?
hiv transmission via a hair?