Could it be possible I was infected almost three years ago from a kiss?

Hi forum experts,

In a drunken stupor close to three years ago, I french kissed a highly promiscuous homosexual male thirty minutes after brushing my teeth -- I was trying to negate the smell of alcohol on my breath. The kiss lasted for a few minutes.

Out of fear, I had a rapid test done about 4 weeks after that kiss -- I know the risk from french kissing is virtually nonexistent, yet I was alarmed due to the fact I had just brushed my teeth.

The results from that test were negative.

Over the past year or so, my health has been declining -- I suffered from a bout of epididymitis a few months ago and am now plagued with a yeast infection in my throat.

My doctor believes the yeast infection might be a result of being on antibiotics for an extended period of time, albeit that was many months ago -- things just aren't adding up time-wise.

Is there any remote possibility I was infected with HIV from that kiss almost three years ago?

I pretty much live the life of a monk and have had no other risks.

Thanks,

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Period. HIV cannot be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging, holding, kissing, sharing drinks or food with, or living in the same home or working in the same office with someone who has HIV. This includes french kissing post high amounts of alcohol consumption. While I can't explain why you have been feeling poorly, I am confident it is not related to HIV. Take care and try to have a little fun....

LHW

Positive Determine HIV1-2 test
Lesbian Sex