|pregnant and still stressing for answer
May 17, 2012
Hi doc. Please answer I'm desperate. One of my friends suctioned and bit my cheek hard with his teeth, he suffers from bleeding gums frequently. I didn't notice any blood although I only managed to go to the mirror half an hour later. I'm worried about my pregnancy and whether or not I'm at risk? And should I go for another HIV test?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- It does not sound to me like you need to worry- although you may want to reassess who you consider "a friend" if this is how they treat you. You can also reassure yourself more by talking with your friend about your concerns and asking him about his HIV status. That being said, the nature of the exposure and lack of blood makes me very confident you have nothing to worry about. Take care,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.