Pregnancy - male positive, female negative

Hi, I'm a HIV negative while my husband is a HIV positive, his viral load is currently <20 & his cd4 is above 500.. Is it safe to have babies the natural way? And we are living in HK, where is the best and nearest hospital to do sperm wash?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I"m not exactly sure where the best place to go for sperm washing is in HK but I would guess that your husband's HIV provider would know. I think it is great he is doing so well and while I cannot say that there is no risk of you becoming infected, his low viral load makes that much more unlikely. I would consult with your and his dr about the best way to proceed with pregnancy plans - if you do go the "natural" route I would certainly use ovulation predictors to give you the best chances for conception. But I can't stress enough that these decisions are best made after consulting with experts and discussing all of the pros and cons. Take care and good luck.

LHW

Is it possible to get hiv positive even though test was negative after 6 months
pregnant and still stressing for answer