How Accurate are Blood Tests
May 14, 2012
Hi I go a negative blood test, at 4 months, but I keep on worrying about it. Are these accurate? I can.t stop thinking about it. Do I need future testing? All this anxiety is making it hard to sleep! Some of you guys here say 3 months is enough, but some say I have to wait for 6 months. Somebody please help me!!!!
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there The standard for HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Acute Hiv Skin Rash Usually
- Would You Have A High White Blood Cell Count With Hiv
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
- Is There Anyone Who Use Herbs To Treat Hiv?
- How Long Do The Hepatitis B Vaccine Stay In Your System?
- Can My Obgyn Call Me To Give Results Of Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.