Follow up on the question : Corticosteroid and False Negative HIV test ?

Hi. Dr. Lisa I would just like to thank you a lot for awnsering my question. I did have syphylis testing at 4 and 6 months after my possible exposure, also negative, along with Hep. C and Hep. B testing, these were also negative at 4 and 6 months. Well if the corticosteroid injection would not affect my HIV tests, then I really am negative! Woohoo! Thank god! Guess my symptoms were just something else, maybe stress and fear, and the rash was probably because of the bug, since it went away the very next day after the injection and I did not have any fever, right? Thanks a lot, and God bless you!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I'm very glad you are feeling relieved and I agree that the symptoms certainly could have been related a combination of stress and a reaction to the bug bite. Take care LHW

hiv negative with symptoms for 15 years torture
Emergency first aid blood contact