hiv negative with symptoms for 15 years torture

Dear Doctor,

In 1992 I became ill with deep thigh pain (both), diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss narrowing of my ileum and fatigue. I was bedridden for over a year. I tested for hiv 6 and 8 months after any possible exposure (which was kissing the sweating forehead of someone I knew dying from hiv) no other possible exposure since. I saw twenty doctors who could not help me. I slowly went up and down with some recovery to feeling sick over the course of 14 years. I decided I would try and have a baby with my wife who tested hit negative in 2005 before having our baby in 2006. Recently my child became ill with some calf pain and elevated Liver enzymes decreased wbc (1.7) and fever for 7 days over 101. degrees was hospitalized and tested for EBV , Hep, and bone marrow all came out fine except the EBV showed previous. Thank God his WBC improved in 2 days to 3.2 and Liver enzymes went down to 300 from 2000. i am worrying myself thinking it has something to do with me. Please help me doctor. Am I being irrational? I have tried to move on with my life by even considering having a child 14 years after I was feeling sick with these symptoms. Torture

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I have no reason to believe that either you or your child have HIV infection. It is sad to me that you have been living with this and torturing yourself for the past 14 years. I would try very hard to move one from this and if you can't I would consider talking with a professional about your feelings. Take care, LHW

Oral sex with two condoms
Follow up on the question : Corticosteroid and False Negative HIV test ?