risk?

Hey there,

I have a question about risk contact or not.

5 weeks ago I had a sex with the ex thing.we used condoms,but we had unprotected oral sex (without finishing or something but still).I was ill at that time,had some caugh and cold symptoms in general,a sore throat.

3 days later I got some herpes at my lips.I'm very sensitive when it comes to that,I can get it from hot food touching a sore part of my lip already.so I thought this might be due to his beard,because my face was all red and the skin around my lips particularly sore due to his stubbles and peeled before the herpes came out.

The week after we had sex,I went to the doc to get antibiotics because of my cold getting worse.took them for a week and got better.but another 5 days later I got a thrush (so 14 days after the sex).I heard this can happen because of antibiotics,but 11 days after starting to take them and 4 days after finishing to take them?is that likely?I never take anything so I don't know if that is a normal reaction of my body to it.

He claims he is healthy and had a test the other week, but I know he's a notorious liar and I'm sure he's having a lot of women,and most of them without protection as I found out after our intercourse.I myself have been tested before him so I was negative.

Are my symptoms likely to be related to HIV or am I completely overreacting? Should I get tested?

HI From your description the only unprotected sex you had was oral. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. You definitely can get thrush or yeast infection from being on an antibiotic. It sounds to me like you had a herpes outbreak and this is what your symptoms are from.

The likelihood of you have HIV is very small, so yes theoretically it can happen but again the likelihood is very very small. Of course the only way to truly know your status is to be tested!

Accuracy of my test!?!?
This is a follow up for one of my last questions! Please answer!