May 10, 2012
is there a possibility of a transmission of hiv if a +ve person coughs on an open fresh wound of a -ve person??
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV cannot be spread by casual contact which includes your inquiry. You cannot get HIV this way, it is not airborne. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or breast milk.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Loss Of Feeling Due To Neuropathy
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Does Shingles Skin Rash Look Like?
- What Does Herpes On Your Mouth Look Like?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.