May 10, 2012
Can I use betadine 10% to wash penis after sex with sex worker. Will betadine damage the penis membrane and cause the HIV virus easily pass through the membrane and cause infection? Thanks for the reply
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- Betadine is a topical antiseptic solution used to clean minor wounds and typically to prepare the skin for minor surgery. While I don't think it will affect HIV transmission after sex, for some people it can be irritating to the skin and thus I would avoid. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Chlamydia?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.