Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv + Sexual relation with wife.
May 6, 2012

Q1 i am a married man, i travel for bussiness for more than 2 month in row, i had a sex with a women and the condom was busted. after that i had unprotected sex with her vaginal, and anal for couple of days.i had requested the women to go for hiv test and see was hiv positive. after that I have stop having sexual relation with her. how much possiblity is their of me cathing the Disease. Q2 if am positive can i have unprotected sex with my wife vaginal and anal too only with her.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You had unprotected sex which puts you at risk of HIV transmission. Even with the woman testing and telling you she is negative does not confirm that you are negative. You need to be tested. The initial test should be at 3 weeks then again at 3 months. If these tests are negative then you are too.

Until you know this you should NOT have unprotected sex with your wife. If you do you and you are HIV positive you are putting her at risk.

Be well and get tested, Shannon

Previous
How am I doing?
Next
Is using 1x Efavirenz 600mg and 2x zidolam tablets daily good to start with?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.