I don't understand

Hi doctor...I have seen in some of your answers to questions that hiv dues within 1-2 minutes but then after you say that you mention that the person would have to have a fresh cut to be at risk...even if that person had a fresh cut wouldn't the blood be unable to infect if it was in the air for minutes or would it still be able to? I'm sorry I'm just confused with the answers. I appreciate you explaining this.

Hi Sorry for any confusion let me try to explain.

A fresh cut does carry some risk if the person is living with HIV and bleeds into another persons recently open wound. Yes HIV dies once outside of the body and exposed to air. It is a very fragile virus and needs to have body fluid to continue living. If it does not have a way to replicate and make more of itself it dies.

Hope this helps, be well and stay safe, Shannon

Oral sex risk
re: risk