can i get HIV via a needle??

Hello, Doctor

Sorry for asking the question for the second times(i didn't receive the answer from you.) Yesterday, i went to the cinema. While watching the movie, i felt a little bit pain on my forefinger. At first, i wasn't worried about hiv so i just rubbed my finger on my shirt and continue to watch the movie.

The problem is when i left the cinema, i noticed few orange or red little spot on my shirt!! i was worried that i would stabbed by a needle on the cinema seat like a rumor i have heard. I don't know that how long hiv can live outside the body and whether i'm at risk or not.

Please answer my question. i feel paranoid and can't sleep well now. I'm a virgin and never used the drug so i'm very worried about this incident and dare not to go for the test. Thank you and sorry for my poor English.

Hi It is a rumor, one that goes around a lot. HIV dies within moments of leaving the body it is very fragile and needs body fluid to replicate itself and stay viable.

For HIV transmission to occur there has to be direct exchange of body fluid and it has to be immediate.

No need to feel paranoid about getting HIV this way. You are fine. Of course if you want to know for sure about your status getting tested is your only way to know for sure.

fresh wound risk
Describe your first time experience