Am I negative now?
May 3, 2012
I got a blood test and it came back negative at around 4 months. Am I negative?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes you are negative, as long as there were no other exposures to HIV after you took the test. There is a window period from time of exposure to when your body develops the antibodies against HIV. The testing guidelines are that you receive the first test at 3 weeks and the next at 3 months. If this test is negative then you are negative.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have AIDS?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.