Coughing/sneezing on an open cut
May 2, 2012
I have a very close friend of mine who is HIV positive. One day I had a nosebleed, and an open cut on my hand. That same day, my HIV positive friend sneezed and coughed a few times, even I started coughing. I understand that nosebleeds are cracks in the skin, so does that put me at risk of infection? thanks
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV is not airborne and not passed through sneezing nor coughing. No matter what is going on with your nose or cuts.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Having Trichomoniasis Means You Have Hiv?
- Are You Automatically Tested For Hiv When You Have Surgery?
- Percentage Of American Heterosexual Hiv Infection
- What Is The Dose Of Remeron For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Hepatitis B And Reactive Surface Antibody Ql
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Candidiasis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.