RNA viral detection test and ELIZA at 6 weeks
May 2, 2012
I had an RNA and ELIZA test at 6 weeks post a possible exposure to HIV and would like to know if this is conclusive. The testing center I went to said it only takes 11 days post exposure to get a clear answer with the RNA test. Both tests were negative and I was told I had nothing to worry about. Is this true?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The testing center is correct and you are HIV negative.
Be well and stay safe,Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hep C Always Show Up In A Blood Test?
- Where Do Hiv Lesions First Appear?
- If I'm Hiv Positive Can I Still Adopt Children?
- How To Treat Thrush And Burning Tongue?
- What's The Difference Between The Hiv Virus And Herpes?
- Can A Man Live With Hiv Woman Straight Sex For Long Without Contacted Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.