hiv and trying for a baby

am hiv undectable and am trying for my second baby. 1. How safe it is if my partner is positive (not yet on treatment) as well and we normally have unprotected sex only on days of ovualtion normally two / three days

2. Secondly what risks do i pose myself when he does forepalay on me without a condom (that is putting the head of his penis into my vagina and not full penetration)?

am so worried and your response will be highly appreciated

Hi, A new study has come out recently that states that when someone living with HIV on medication and has an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission is decreased by 96%. So the answers: 1. With your partner being positive as well and not on medication, not knowing where his viral load is, makes this a hard question to answer. If his viral load is low or undetectable then the risk is very very small, but if his viral load is then the risk of exposure is higher. Both to you and the baby. 2. The potential is there, because what you are providing is an opportunity for direct exchange of body fluid.

The great news is if you are on medication prior to and within the first trimester the chances of the baby being born with HIV is ZERO!!!

Do I still have aids?
HIV