Do I still have aids?

I was diagnosed in August 2006 wit a CD4 count of 12 and a viral load in the millions. My latest CD4 count is 703 with an undetectable viral load. Do I still have Aids or am I now just HIV+?

Hi This is a great question. Thankfully you have been able to get your immune system healthy again. I was in the same position though mine were only 131 but once on meds it is back up over 200 and so what my doctor and I have talked about that is on my chart it will always say HIV/AIDS as a reminder that my immune system was once very compromised. With that being said, AIDS is the state that your body reaches when your cd4 count is below 200. With them above 200 now you are out of that state and your immune system is healthy.

Hope this helps, Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Are the 3 percent people with bad immune systems?
hiv and trying for a baby