"Risk from getting open wound and fingerprick touched"

Hi there. I just tested negative ytd 3 months post an unprotected sexual exposure. What I did was the rapid antibody hiv fingerprick test. However because I was very happy ytd i went to a thai girls disco (kind of a self celebration). one of the bar girls was touching me and she briefly touched a big open wound on the bottom of my right leg (maybe about 1-2 seconds). It was dried up but not totally healed. I was petrified of course and I later checked both palms of her right and left hands. There were no visible cuts or any form of fresh blood on her hands. seems like the skin was intact. However im not exactly sure because the place was quite dark. As I have mentioned I had a fingerprick test done at 8.15pm and I got to the disco at about 1230am the next morning. Because I was touching a few of the bar girls im just abit paranoid that I could be hiv infected through my fingerprick wound also. how long does a fingerprick wound take to heal usually? Although i think the fingerprick wound shld have healed by then. It really sucks waiting another 3 months to do another hiv test. Pls respond asap.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk for the situation you describe. Both your "open wound" and fingerprick were dried up and closed by the time they were touched. That's why I'm using quotation marks. Also, it's not possibly that a sufficient amount of HIV+ body fluid was wiped into these "open wounds."

Hope this helps!

Erik

Anxiety about risk of "Hep C" from co-worker at restuarant
Anxiety after "stabbing" a colleague with a "Fork"