Anxiety about risk of "Hep C" from co-worker at restuarant

I work in a restaraunt. One of the guys in the kitchen cut his finger. I am not saying he has anything, but you never know what one person has. He got some blood on the floor. One of the servers put sanitizer over the blood. There was still a blood clot every one was walking on. I stepped around it. Are any of us at risk for anything? I sprayed my shoes down with lysol. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk from the situation you describe. None. First off, sounds like there's no reason to think that your coworker has Hepatitis C or any other blood borne disease.

Then even if he did, there is no way that blood got into your body. There's only risk for Hep C from things like sharing razors, sharing needles during drug use, a significant occupational hazard, or a blood transfusion in a part of the world without strict blood screening practices.

If Hep C or HIV are diseases that you find yourself worrying about even when you hear information saying there was no risk, it would be helpful for you to find a trusted person to talk to.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"Penis Touching Toilet Seat"
"Risk from getting open wound and fingerprick touched"