"Penis Touching Toilet Seat"

I just had sex education and learned about HIV. Now I am worried because my penis has been touching the toilet seat many times now (before sex education). Can a person get HIV from his penis touching a toilet seat? If there is semen or pre-cum on the toilet seat, and my penis touched it, can I get HIV (sometimes i will forget to wash the toilet seat)? I need your help in confirming that this person is correct link-http://www.aidsvancouver.org/what-we-do/helpline/online/can-person-get-hiv-penis-touching-toilet-seat (read all the way down(even the comments)).

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I'm sorry that you're getting different answers on HIV. Luckily this is why organizations like us and AIDSVancouver exist. They are absolutely right when they say that there is no risk from the situation you describe. You can't get HIV from a toilet seat. I can't explain it any better than the expert over at AIDSVancouver.

What's going to help you at this point is to figure out which resources to trust. This can be hard, I'm sure. Usually I'd say "trust your teachers, they're a great source of information." Unfortunately though, there's still a lot of adults out there that are misinformed. Going directly to HIV organizations (like us!) can get your directly to the most up to date information.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"Confused about the test result" after no-risk situation
Anxiety about risk of "Hep C" from co-worker at restuarant