BLOOD DONATION RISK IN SOUTH AFRICA...!!!

Hi doctors/experts.. Here is my story, I live in south Africa, and recently visited a blood drive where I donated blood. Before donation we get our iron levels tested. This time I noticed the guy doing it wasn't wearing gloves and didn't even clean the site with alcohol before pricking me, my main concern is while he was attempting to prick me, his hand slipped and flinched a few times and I'm so worried that he might have pricked himself with the lancet before pricking me, It all happened so fast that I'm not sure whether he did or not. I know this might sound like incessant rambling and paranoia, and I already know I have an HIV risk if he did prick himself, but please tell me how great is my risk if he did prick himself immediately before pricking me and should I consider PEP?? I tried to find out from a friend who works at the blood bank whether they use retractable lancet devices but he said he isn't sure, all I remember is that the device was tiny and yellow. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and thanks for posting.

From what you described, you did not have risk of HIV exposure.

BY

sinus issues
Yep. I'm an Idiot.