Getting tested before having children

Hi. So you may think I'm crazy for asking this question, but I just want to make sure! I have been married for 3 years now and have had no other partners. Before marriage, I was with my boyfriend (who is now my husband) for 4 additional years. During that time, I slept with a guy who I know pretty well, however we did not use a condom and he did not ejaculate inside of me. Besides those 2 guys, I have been with 15 men - all used protection. About 7 years ago I developed thrush in my mouth and the doctor said based on my blood levels I had mono. I had thrush, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, and a fever. Since then I haven't had symptoms. I just had a pap smear and was told I have HPV- but it was slightly abnormal and should clear up in 6 months. My question is, my husband and I are wanting to try for children. Should I get tested for HIV first, or am I nervous for no reason at all??

Hi HPV is very common but it also a reason to be tested for HIV. The symptoms you had earlier were most likely due to mono. But my recommendation to you is that you receive a full prenatal screening and ask for an HIV test to ensure that you are fully aware of your body and what is going on. We do know that if you are positive and start treatment before or during your first trimester the child has a ZERO percent chance of being born with HIV.

using condom but is it there is still have any possible to get HIV
HIV