Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk of HIV due to hand job
Apr 29, 2012

Dear Doctor,

I got a handjob in a massage parlour. During that, I touched that girls vagina with my hand. There were fluid on my hand. And while she was giving me hand job I also touched my penis with my hand several times. Am I at risk of getting HIV? My worry is that I had her body fluids on my hand I touched my penis several times after that. I am really worried at this point. Please help me doctor. I need your suggestions. Should I take a post exposure prophylaxis? Please help me doctor.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Sorry for the delay in answering your question. Your risk of HIV transmission is very small. If she had HIV, with a high viral load and you had sores or openings besides your urethra, then the risk of HIV transmission this way is so very small.

Though the time has passed to start PEP (within 72 hours) I don't believe the health care provider would have recommended PEP due to the scenario of the exposure.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Could I have aids?
Next
HIV test necessary after making out?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.