Could I have aids?
Apr 29, 2012
Hello I'm twelve and I have had many cuts at school but not put a band aid on them... But nobody had touched the cut/cuts. And from what I also beleive I don't think they would of been HIV+ but could I still have aids from this?
Response from Ms. Southall
HI HIV transmission only happens if there is direct exchange of body fluid. Since no one touched your cuts you are fine and have no fear of HIV from this. HIV transmission only occurs again through direct exchange of body fluid. Blood, semen, vaginal fluids or breast milk and through unprotected sex.
You are fine!
Be well and keep asking questions!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Days After Having Sex Should I Test For Hiv?
- National Hiv Aids Registry
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can Blood Tests For Yearly Physical Find Hiv?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Will My Husband Get Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.