chances of false positive hiv result?

Hi there,

A couple of days ago I had a hiv test which I believe it was Elisa testing. Unfortunately, the first test came up positive. They had done the second test and it became negative, followed by the third test was also negative. The doctor was not very helpful and did not help to make me feel better in anyway. He only said the result is inconclusive and another test will be conducted in order to confirm the result (PCR) but will have to wait three days to get a result. I am currently living in hell thinking there is a chance I have HIV in my body. I really hope someone can give me the better information what are my chances of being infected. Let me tell you a bit more of my condition. I have been in relationship with my bf for one year and two months and he tested negative. We never once did un-protected sex However, 3 years ago I sometimes did not use protection with my ex boyfriend and I'm nt sure if he ever tested. 3 days before I had my test, I had my tooth removed and I did take some medical to help me with the pain. Also during the week I have had not severe sore throat. What are the chance that my first test could be false positive? Please help me with the inquiry, this might put me at ease for a little. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Hi With your second and third test being negative, the first test was a false positive. I know waiting for the RNA test is hard, but I really believe it will be negative as the following 2 test were negative.

Strip club scare
hiv scared