|Is HIV transmission probable if I have unprotected anal sex and my VL is undetectable and CD4 600+ for last 10+ years?
Apr 29, 2012
Is HIV transmission probable if I have unprotected anal sex with an HIV negative partner and my viral load has been undetectable for over 10 years and my CD4>600?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There are many studies out now that state that someone living with HIV on medication with an undetectable viral load the chances of HIV transmission reduce by 96%. The study is HPTN 052, you can look it up and read it. But it is definitely a good sign for prevention and protection of our partners. It is possible but the chances are so very small.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex With Condom
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Unprotected Anal Sex Afraid I Have AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.