am i positive?

i had protected sex with a sex worker on the 5th of june 2008,so some days later i had some lumpy feeling in my throat but no symptoms.after three and a half months,i was expelled from school,i was so down that i had fever which lasted a day only,that happend around 27th of september 2008.so around december i read about lymph nodes.and i started touching mine,then i discovered i had one slightly swollen node on my neck and under my jaw.its not visible though.i can also feel nodes in my underarms,don't know if its swollen or not.but it is not visible.its almost 4 years now and i can still feel it. * if the lymph nodes were truely swollen because of hiv,won't it be accompanied with other symptoms? *its been almost 4 years now and i am still feeling lumpy in my throat. *does early hiv symptoms remain for a long time or does it clear.

Hi Having protected sex decreases your chances of HIV transmission. There are many reasons your lymph nodes can be swollen.

I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider and let them know of the symptoms you are having and see if they can diagnose why.

HIV oral
Is HIV transmission probable if I have unprotected anal sex and my VL is undetectable and CD4 600+ for last 10+ years?