Eczema hand fingering whilst prostitute on period

Hello Doctor,

My hand and fingers had eczema (cracked skin, and maybe some small cuts), and I fingered a prostitute. When I withdrew, I found blood all over my hands.

What are the risks of getting HIV in this situation?

Hi Not knowing the prostitutes status and with the cuts on your hands and not sure how long they were there and if they were open I would recommend testing. The risk is small but there was a risk. There was an opportunity for direct exchange of body fluid. The guidelines for testing are to get the first test initially at 3 weeks after the exposure and then again at 3 months.

Acute HIV acquisition risk from different factors.
am i infected?