Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Recently got an answer and wanted to post some follow up information to Ms Southall Please ansewr
Apr 29, 2012

SO on april 23rd you answered a question for me. I had two more questions. So my wife is pregnant again and she had another hiv test. It was negative. I know anything is possible but is it the likely outcome if I had it for over 8 years? And also I did not get an answer on one of my questions in my last post about my CBC. I had my first CBC in over 10 years and it was all normal. My doctor and others have told me that if I had untreated hiv for more than 8 years there would be abnormalities in my blood count. What do you think. Please help I have a child on the way and need some answers.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Good news that your wife is HIV negative so will your child be! As for you, I cannot remember you exact situation, have you been tested? Yes at this point your CBC should start showing some abnormalities. If not for HIV it could be for any other immune compromising situations.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
hiv transmission
Next
HIV risk with sex worker 2 weeks ago

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.